Climate Change, Migration & Displacement:
New perspectives on regional approaches to climate-induced migration, displacement and relocation – Tuesday, 16 May from 1:15 – 3:00 p.m.
United Nations Headquarters
Conference Room 7
Non-UN badge holders are requested to RSVP individually before 9 May.
This event is part of the United Nations University (UNU) ‘Panel Series on Academic Thinking on Migration’, convened by the UNU Office in New York (UNU-ONY) and the UNU Migration Network. Against the backdrop of thematic consultations feeding into negotiations for a Global Compact on Safe, Regular and Orderly Migration, UNU is convening this series to help diplomatic communities in New York engage with the latest academic research and thinking on relevant migration policy issues.
• Dr Cosmin Corendea, United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
• Dr Chaloka Beyani, Centre for the Study of Human Rights/Centre for Climate Change at LSE and former Special Rapporteur on the rights of IDPs
• Dr Bishawjit Mallick, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and Oxford University
• Dr Susana Adamo, Centre for International Earth Science Information Network at the Earth Institute, Columbia University
• Dr Maxine Burkett, University of Hawaii School of Law
• Ms Julia Blocher, United Nations University (UNU) Office in New York
• Dr James Cockayne, Head of the United Nations University (UNU) Office in New York